As capital market players attempt to expand their value chain, simplification of their products and services and expanding their reach is becoming imminent. Such an agenda is centred on digital experience, channel partnerships, achieving best quartile transaction costs, and delivering an interactive and intuitive experience to clients.
Building the right reach and distribution models, offering simplified yet sophisticated wealth products covering both the life-stage and life-style factors are becoming fundamental to growth and customer retention. Robo advisors and fintech partnerships are driving the creation of eco-systems that expand the value chain and grow volumes exponentially. All these will require putting in place a robust data architecture and the ability to mash data of different types and formats, with emphasis on interoperability.
Firms are focusing on the above as their core competence and are willing to consider total outsourcing of their back-office to post-trade utilities and managed service providers. The appetite to do this is more now than ever before.
Clearly, technology vendors need to up their stake and ensure high availability, incorporate modern technologies such as distributed ledgers and ensure that they satisfy the ‘I want now’ appetite of clients and end users…something that TCS BaNCS is directionally aligned to.
This edition of the TCS BaNCS Research Journal brings you a collection of viewpoints from the Capital Markets and Payments domains, including PSD2, AIFMD, MiFID II; and, their potential impact and opportunities.
- An Interview with Nigel Little from the Euroclear Group on Corporate Actions Workflows
- Surviving the Machines
- Managing Operational Risk in the Custody Business
- Standardizing Proxy Voting
- MiFID II/MiFIR implementation – Impact on European financial markets and key challenges faced
- Utilities in the Securities Services Back Office – A Transformational Journey
- Navigating the AIFMD landscape successfully
- Insurance Repository and E-Policies
- Automating Corporate Actions Reclaims
- Asset Servicing Managers Tool Kit
- Risk Transfer Pricing – Back to Basics in Evolving Regimes
- PSD2 and the Evolution of Fintechs
- Understanding the Digital Expectations of the Wealth Management Client
Enjoy the read.