In this edition of TCS BaNCS Research Journal we share with you perspectives on the impact of T+2 in USA, possibilities of blockchain technology in capital markets, custody in emerging markets and many more.
The Financial Services Industry is unique in that it is at the epicenter of the ostensible real economy, but intangible at best. It is both an enabler and barometer of real-world industries by enabling capital for investments and also a measure of performance and the returns generated. The complexity and dynamics of this intersection, and the global nature of the industry, continuously throw up enormous challenges even when the older ones are yet to be solved.
The industry is also a source of tremendous innovation and technology adoption. It is this industry that is at the forefront of high-speed frameworks for trading and the re-defining of real-time processing. It comes up with solutions to counter the incessant threat of cyber security and is at the cutting-edge of digital technologies (like mobility, big data et al)–all with the objective of enhancing customer experience for retail investors. In fact, this innovation mindset, even amidst excessive volatility and continuously changing regulations, happens to be the only constant.
In this issue, we feature unique perspectives on:
- T+2 Settlement in USA – When and Am I Prepared?
- Blockchain in Financial Services – A Catalyst for Simplification
- The Changing Face of Custody in Emerging Markets
- Efficacy of Stock Position Management Systems
- Is Cash still King?
- IOSCO CPMI – Principles for Financial Market Infrastructures
- Targeting Transparency in Securities Transactions and Custody
- Digital Transformation in Capital Markets
- Managing Processing Risk in Asset Services
- Revamping Legacy in Securities
- Partial Call Lotteries. Is a New Change Coming?
- Meeting New Cost Basis Reporting Requirements
Enjoy the read.