This edition of the TCS BaNCS Research Journal focuses on exploring the many ways in which the payments industry is going through disruption, democratization and re-imagination.
A large-scale disruption is taking place in the payments ecosystem. The way we give and receive money has changed. Cash is no longer the king and digital payments rule. Tapping into the potential of payments are a number of payments solution providers who partner with retailers to help customer make the most of payments.
By adopting innovative strategies in payments and collaborating with alternative payments solutions providers, banks can stay ahead of the competition.
In this issue, we feature unique perspectives on:
- Impending disruption in the payment marketplace – Should retail banks be worried?
- An interview with Dr. Brett King on the future of payments
- Real-time payments getting real
- Payments on ISO20022 – Time to on-board?
- Revival of bio-metrics in banking: Heralding a new era in payments
- The Volcker rule – Seeking to shield banks’ customers
- Payments in India – A continuing journey
- Micropayments – The case for wider market participation by banks
Enjoy the read.