The transaction processing infrastructure landscape is going through a period of great change, with an unencumbered adoption of new technologies, process innovations and a globally distributed work paradigm. Scope boundaries are becoming elastic or non-existent, and risk management has become akin to managing a Rubik’s cube with far too many blocks, each controlled by a complex set of factors.
Against this backdrop of techno-economic flux, infrastructure service providers and consumers are faced with the burden of existing systems and processes. Legacy systems still abound, and are stretched beyond the limit to cope with the demands of scale, complexity, agility, risk management, regulation/compliance demands and more.On one hand, the opportunities in emerging markets are being pursued relentlessly by global financial institutions and, on the other, home markets are witnessing the following:
- Ubiquity of products and services
- Greater mobility of assets
- Power shifting to distributors
- A loss of control of the customer
- Price and performance transparency
- Availability of simple yet intelligent investment tools to consumers on demand
These challenges faced by institutions are further complicated by slower organic growth and diminishing margins.So, what’s next?
- Does the back-office in Europe and North America still have a future?
- Is it time for a different approach?
- Are there even newer ways of doing businesses or processing transactions?
- Are there opportunities to decrease proprietary ownership of non-core technologies and look for avenues to leverage or create shared business services in partnership with other banks?
In this edition of the TCS BaNCS Research Journal, we bring you opinions and viewpoints on the below:
- CCPs and CSDs – Working in Tandem
- Commercial Banking Top 10 for 2013
- Determining Risks within Asset Services Processing
- Program Management for Large IT Transformation Projects
- Reputational Risk in Banking – The Current Approach and A Way Ahead
- Branch Front-office Agility: The New Reality
- Trade Reconciliation Outsourcing: Increasing the Efficiency of the Trade Lifecycle Process
- The Need For Liquidity Management in Treasury
- Making Banking Fun – Customer Experience Management – Gamification in Banking
- Brief Overview of the latest Final FATCA Regulations – Changes and Updates
Enjoy the read.