Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment to its associates, business partners, and those who may be impacted by the company’s activities. This commitment is in line with the Tata Group’s vision embodied in the Tata Code of Conduct.
TCS is a global organization providing IT services, business solutions, and outsourcing to clients worldwide and human capital is our greatest asset. TCS recognizes that occupational health and safety (OH&S) and overall well-being of this human capital are integral to its success and growth aspirations. OH&S considerations are integral to all our activities, policies, infrastructure, and processes and help us to meet the expectations of regulators, associates, and customers across our global operations.
Every TCSer shares appropriate responsibility toward meeting the following OH&S obligations and commitments:
- Provide adequate resources to ensure continuous improvement in its OH&S performance
- Comply with relevant OH&S legal and other requirements applicable to the organisation and strive for “beyond compliance” leadership
- Set appropriate OH&S objectives and targets and conduct periodic performance reviews against these targets
- Adopt measures and processes that focus on the prevention of occupation-related accidents, injuries, illnesses, and near-misses and strive to continuously improve such processes
- Communicate, involve, and consult associates on health and safety provisions and ensure their commitment and participation in the implementation of policies and processes
- Ensure OH&S awareness and build competency among associates at all levels to handle individual OH&S responsibilities, through appropriate training, and proactively adhere to all OH&S requirements to ensure a safe workplace for themselves as well as others
- Involve suppliers and contractors in our OH&S mission by sharing our expectations and engaging with them to achieve our OH&S objective of ensuring a safe upstream supply chain
- Communicate the OH&S policy to all our employees, business associates, customers and ensure it is available to other stakeholders and public
- Report our OH&S performance through relevant international and national forums and to other stakeholders through appropriate communication channels
- Review OH&S policy and management systems periodically to ensure their continuing applicability and relevance to our operations and evolving stakeholder expectations
Through this commitment to ensure the safety, health, and overall well-being of its associates and business partners, TCS reaffirms its corporate sustainability commitments toward business excellence and being a truly responsible global corporate citizen.