TCS’ approach to corporate social responsibility is driven by its strategy to create “Impact through Empowerment” around its commitment to the TCS global thematic areas of health, education and planet.
“We take pride in our societal role in the US and Canada, where our Corporate Social Responsibility programs, partnerships, and collaborations create an incredible impact on national issues. TCS has a distinctive culture of volunteerism and our employees play an active role contributing to the development of the communities where they live and work.”
President, TCS North America, UK & Europe, TCS
We serve local communities through programs, partnerships and initiatives that reflect national issues that are most pressing in the US & Canada.
- We use a four-tier engagement model:
- Utilizing IT to solve large-scale societal problems
- Volunteering for projects that address felt need in local communities
- Partnering with nonprofits, governmental bodies and clients
- Supporting large scale disaster relief efforts
STEM Education and Technology Inclusion
The need for innovative Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education in the US is urgent. As a leading IT services provider, TCS North America recognizes that its company’s future — and that the nation’s increasingly knowledge-driven economy — depends upon more Americans with STEM skills entering the workforce each year. Public policy makers in Washington DC, and around the country are focused on ways to improve STEM education as a coordinated national effort.
Heart disease is the number one cause of mortality in the United States and the number two cause in Canada, followed closely by cancer and diabetes. Even more alarming is the fact that heart diseases claim the lives of more women in the United States than all forms of cancers combined – responsible for one in every four female deaths. TCS is proud to partner with American Heart Association as National Walking Partner.
Learn more about TCS’ Health and Wellness initiatives
At TCS, we are committed to environmental citizenship and lowering the environmental impact of our operations by applying the three Rs: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Partnering with our local client offices, we advocate for leadership and climate change mitigation through our commitment to reduce GHG emissions and lower our carbon footprint. Where possible, we utilize green infrastructure and office space and practice resource efficiency by reusing materials. We also encourage each associate to recycle at the personal level.
TCS is committed to preserving the planet through conservation, disaster relief and volunteerism through its national and local non-profit partners. Our efforts have resulted in an increased awareness of environmental issues, adoption of green initiatives at the workplace and financial contributions at national and local levels.
Honors and Recognition
Since the middle of 2015, TCS has received numerous awards for its CSR initiatives including:
- Silver Stevie Award for Corporate Social Responsibility Program of the Year at the 2015 and 2016 American Business Awards
- Social Responsibility Project of the Year by Employee Engagement Awards.
- Canadian HR Reporter Best Social Responsibility Program Award.
- 2015 Association of Management Consulting Firms (AMCF) Spotlight Award for TCS’ CSR initiatives that provided value and excellence in consulting
- Mentor Leadership through Technology Award at the Inaugural 2015 Million Women Mentors Summit and Gala
- Top Workforce Award at the third annual Diversity and Inclusion (DANDI) Awards ceremony
- Lumity 2016 Leadership Award for sustained commitment to engaging skills-based volunteers to inspire students in STEM education, technology resources and social investments
- Silver Stevie Award for Corporate Social Responsibility Program of the Year at the 2016 American Business Awards
- TCS Maitree Annual Award in Community Service Initiatives, Best Geography for 15-16
Download PDF: TCS North America: Corporate Social Responsibility
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org